Last Modified: 2020-09-12
This Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) applies to your use of Givecloud’s IT systems and services.
- that we agree on more than we disagree on
- that love is bigger than a difference of opinion
- we celebrate diversity of opinion and impact
- that everyone can make a positive impact, even if their beliefs differ from mine
- in free speech
There are, however, some activities that are incompatible with Givecloud’s values that, if left unchecked, could harm Givecloud, its employees and other users. The following activities are prohibited when using Givecloud’s services and IT systems:
- Disrespectful or harmful interactions: Givecloud’s services and IT systems may not be used to:
- harass, bully, defame, stalk, threaten, or abuse another person;
- promote or condone hate or violence against people for any reason;
- engage in activities that may be harmful to others or to our operations or reputation, including offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions, make-money-fast schemes, ponzi and pyramid schemes.
- Illegal, harmful or fraudulent activities: You may not use our services and IT systems in a way that contravenes, facilitates or promotes activities that are unlawful.
- Infringement of intellectual property: You may not use our services and IT systems in a way that infringes, or induces other parties to infringe, the copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights of others.
- Malicious and / or deceptive practices: You may not use our services to transmit malware, for phishing or other similar inappropriate activities. You may not perform activities or upload or distribute materials that harm or disrupt the operation of our services or other IT infrastructure of Givecloud or others, including Givecloud’s third party providers. You may not use our services or IT systems for deceptive fund-raising practices or any other illegal or deceptive activities.
- Misuse of personal, confidential, and protected health information: You may not post or upload any materials or use our services or IT systems in a way that personally identifies someone or reveals sensitive personal information or confidential information, such as credit card numbers, confidential national ID numbers, or account passwords unless you have consent from the person to whom the information belongs or who is otherwise authorized to provide such consent.
- Promotion of terrorist organizations: You may not use our services or IT systems to imply or promote support or funding of, or membership in, a terrorist organization.
You acknowledge that Givecloud (a) may monitor your use of Givecloud’s services and IT systems; (b) may investigate violations or alleged violations of the AUP; and (c) may cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting others in this regard.
If Givecloud reasonably believes a user is engaged in activities that violate the letter or spirit of this AUP, Givecloud may, at any time and without notice and without any liability, remove any materials, and suspend or terminate the user’s access to our IT systems or services.
Any violation of this AUP will constitute a violation of any existing agreement between you and Givecloud. Our determination of whether a violation of this AUP has occurred will be final and binding, and any action taken with respect to enforcing this AUP will be at our sole discretion.